Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Comparing My Alphabet Book to My Number Book...Help Me Understand.

Recently I had a great question from one of you...


          "I absolutely love the Amazing Action Alphabet Flip Chart!  Help me 
understand how it compares to the Number Neighborhood Flip chart.
                                                   Thanks ~Lisa"

This is a great question, and I think others might benefit from my explanation.

Lucy!  You've Got some 'Splaining to Do!"



First, let me explain these two books in a little more detail.

I wrote the Number Neighborhood Flip Chart in the same format as the Amazing Action Alphabet Flip Chart. The story is on the back, the action is written after the story, and they perform the action in the story. 

I want to show you some examples.  Today I am using number 6 and letter K.  You know my saying, 
Seeing + Hearing + Doing = Learning

Well, let's talk about just that.


SEEING:
The Amazing Action Alphabet Flip Chart has animals in shapes of letters.  Below, we have K the kangaroo.  The Number Neighborhood Flip Chart has people in the shapes of letters.  In our example we can see Six in the shape of number 6.

 K the kangaroo page from Amazing Action Alphabet Flip Chart 6 rubs sticks preschool number neighborhood


HEARING:
The Amazing Action Alphabet Flip Chart has a short story on the back.  AND,  the Number Neighborhood Flip Chart also has a story on the back.

In the Amazing Action Alphabet the letters are called by their ACTUAL NAME.  This letter name is connected to the action that the letter makes.  In our K example K the kangaroo kicks.

In the Number Neighborhood book, I have given a rhyme to help the child remember the name.  For example...Six rubs Sticks.

Pretty cool right?!



DOING:
The Amazing Action Alphabet Flip Chart gives an action the child preforms in the story. In our example you can see my nephew kicking like K the kangaroo.  In the Number Neighborhood book I also give an action for the child to do.  In our example I show number 6's action is like two sticks rubbing together...six rubs sticks!  



Additionally, the child is asked to count the number of objects the number represents.   For example on number 6, the child is asked to count  six sticks.  



This Number Neighborhood Flip Chart book is written to help the child remember the number's name and the value of the number by seeing it in the shape of a character, hearing a story and hearing the name of the number in rhyme, doing an action for the number and actually counting the value of the number. 

With ALL that said, click on the Number Neighborhood Flip Chart icon on my web store {HERE} and it will let you see some sample pages of each book.





Thanks for hanging in there with me.  I hope that this makes things a little easier for you to understand.  



 Till next time friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment