Monday, January 13, 2014

O Is For Opera

O day is when I talk about OPERA music!  Have you been to the opera, and can you remember that opera singer singing with her giant O shaped mouth? I can imagine her singing her scales now...O - O- O- O- O- O- O-!  Singing like this makes kids just giggle! :O


I get out all my fanciest dress ups and have the kids pretend we are in the Opera.  Fun Huh?!?

Today we did a little painting with the letter O.  I know I have mentioned this before, but my favorite glossy way to paint is by adding 2 Tablespoons of Karo Syrup and 1 drop of food coloring.  It makes a lovely O the Ostrich.  

{activity found in my Amazing Action Alphabet book}
Teach your kids about the Primary colors; red, yellow and blue.  Let each child experiment with mixing colors by adding 1 drop of red + blue to make purple.  Try 1 drop of red + yellow to make orange and so on.

Don't forget to listen to fantastic OPERA music while doing this activity~

Here is a video of a fun way to practice the letter O.

No comments:

Post a Comment