Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Safety Day

I think it's never to early to talk about SAFETY with kids!  Today I prepared some basic traffic signs for the children to cut out.  Have them glue each sign onto the top of a craft stick.  I then gave each child several small balls of Play-Doh and had them mold the Play-Doh to the bottom to each sign so it will stand on its own.



After doing this once I have found that keeping the signs standing up for a day before sending them home with the kids is best.  The Play-Doh will harden so the children can take them home for more SAFETY PLAY!


Now if you grew up in the 80's I'm hoping you're singing the 'Safety Dance' by Men Without Hats!!! 

Here is a great way to help your beginning readers recognize hard and easy words with this fun Stoplight Activity!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment