Monday, October 14, 2013

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

I am sure you are all familiar with the popular book, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" written by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle... If not, you should get a hold of this treasured book!


Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?




With the same rhythm that is used in the book I like to practice naming colors using this folder I made years ago.  Using a basic file folder I cut out  the shadow of a bear.  I then covered the bear with clear contact paper.  I put several colors of paper in the folder and it makes the bear appear many different colors!










In class we say..."Brown Bear, brown Bear, what do you see? {then I quickly change colored paper and say} I see a red bear looking at me!  Red bear, red bear, what do you see"...and we repeat with all the colors.






You can also use the same idea to practice shapes!

Say..."Shape Bear, Shape Bear, what do you see? I see a rectangle looking at me!  
{change the shape} Shape Bear, Shape Bear what do you see?"...

Or... try using LETTERS!


Or go on a bear hunt with these fun bear tracks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment